Top Websites Running IPv6

Daniel Verlouw daniel at bit.nl
Tue Nov 17 12:21:33 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-11-17 at 12:13 +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> How do you handle web server logging on the "real" server?  We considered
> setting up such a proxy, and decided against it, because it would make
> the access_log on the real server contain only the proxy address for
> v6 connections - which is not what we wanted...

you -could- have the proxy insert an 'X-Forwarder-For' header (or
whatever you wanna call it) with the orignal client IPv6 address and use
custom Apache logging on the real server, e.g.

LogFormat "%v %{X-Forwarded-For}i %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b"
X-Forwarded-For
CustomLog /var/log/apache/www.myexample.com-xforwarded.log X-Forwarded-For

   --Daniel.