Dealing with filtered 6to4 clients

Martin List-Petersen martin at airwire.ie
Tue Nov 3 14:07:28 CET 2009

Chris Hills wrote:
> On 03/11/09 00:25, Erik Kline wrote:
>> If we see you behind 2 or more networks with whom we have good
>> connectivity that's usually good enough (though I'm not the final
>> arbiter in the matter).
>>
>> We're still in the process of rolling out IPv6 to all geographic
>> regions, so sometimes that's the bigger blocker (like if we perform
>> maintenance on the datacenter nearest you and the next closest is
>> half-way around the world then that's a problem, regardless of how
>> well we're connected to one another).
>
> Please consider setting up an alternate domain (for example google6.com)
> which has IPv6 DNS glue. At present it is impossible to directly access
> google from an IPv6-only network.

Google has done that. It's ipv6.google.com.

And there is no problem accessing Google from an IPv6 only network, if
your network is whitelisted. Contact Google to get it whitelisted. I use
Google every day from a IPv6 only box.

Services that don't work on IPv6 aren't available to IPv6 yet.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen
--
Airwire - Ag Nascadh Pobail an Iarthair