Question about 6to4

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Mon May 18 11:40:20 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Fri, 15 May 2009, Martin List-Petersen wrote:

> Erik Kline wrote:
>> Personally, I'm a fan of 6rd.  That's what works for free.fr.  That, or just
>> go native.
>
> The issue with 6rd is, that it's consuming extreme amounts of IP's.
> Free.fr got a /26 IPv6 allocated just to do this for all of their customers.
>
> Native, this probably could have been done well within a /32 or /30 at
> the most.
>
> So I wouldn't even try to advocate to go down the route, that Free did
> and use 6rd.

I think there is a bigger problem from 6rd: the provider should have
control over customers' home router - at least forcing of upgrade of
firmware and push some configuration parameters 6rd routing...

Best Regards,

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate, Head of Network Planning and Projects
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 70EF9882: DEC2 C685 1ED4 C95A 145F  4300 6F64 7B00 70EF 9882