Question about 6to4

Steven Lisson stevel at dedicatedservers.net.au
Fri May 15 07:27:12 CEST 2009

Hi,

Do not advertise anything more specific than 2002::/16, it is specific
in the RFC that this is not allowed to prevent BGP table bloat. You
either advertise 2002::/16 or nothing.

6to4 is a transition mechanism, we don't want the ipv6 bgp table
becoming twice the size with hosts advertising both their IPv6
allocation and any 6to4 addresses from their IPv4 allocations.

Regards,

Steven