Question about 6to4

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Fri May 15 05:33:54 CEST 2009

Martin List-Petersen wrote:
> Alan Batie wrote:
>

>> We just got a response from a vendor (clearaccess) we recently started
>> migrating to that they don't support ipv6 specifically because the
>> broadcom chips they use don't support it...
>>

> Lazy excuse you mean. The chips don't care what protocol you run on them.
>
> They guy that answered that, clearly didn't know what he was talking about.

Exactly. I've got a Clear Access modem as well. I'll make a request for
source.

The other primary reason that I started asking for source is that I'm
convinced that the security model of Broadcom's TR-069 implementation
(based on their default configs using total predictable credentials) is
broken. That's a bit off topic though.

- Dan