Domain Registrar recommendation

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri May 1 15:25:13 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Over the past 10 years or so, I've been dealing with a relatively small
registrar in my local area for my personal domains (canadiandomain.com).
Unfortunately, they can not provide IPv6 glue.

A few months ago, I registered a handful more personal domains (which
are currently idle) at godaddy.com, as apparently they can provide IPv6
glue.

I am going to set up one of the new domains as strictly IPv6 only for
statistics gathering. The point is, is that I haven't 'configured' any
of the domains at GoDaddy yet, so I am not experienced in regards to
their reliability.

Before I migrate my primary domain (ibctech.ca) to a new registrar so I
can have v6 glue, I'm looking for feedback on whether it is advisable to
move it to GoDaddy, or if I should look elsewhere.

I've heard horror stories about GoDaddy domains randomly being shut
down, and it taking weeks of circular dancing in order to justify having
it re-enabled. I can not have that happening. Moreover, I want as smooth
as possible transition

All feedback appreciated.

Steve