Biggest mistake for IPv6: It's not backwards compatible, developers admit

Merike Kaeo merike at doubleshotsecurity.com
Mon Mar 30 18:44:11 CEST 2009

Good point Joe.  In some environments where I've been involved with
v6 deployments we did actually start talking about 'adding IPv6
capabilities' and deliberately stopped using the word 'transition'.
It made a difference in perception (much to my surprise -  but I
suppose when I think of IPv6 transition I know it's not replacing
IPv4........to others it's not so transparent)

- merike