Factors, actions influencing the possibility/timing of IDR for IPv6-basedrouting domains?

Anthony Roberts ipv6-ops at arbitraryconstant.com
Thu Jul 16 20:57:16 CEST 2009

Good point. I don't think all v6 hosts are getting Google's AAAAs yet, but
I imagine that's going to improve with time as v6 networks become better
connected with each other.

I've been following the BEHAVE NAT64 mailing list -- they've now got a
draft to allow hosts to learn the NAT64 translation prefix and take
appropriate action internally for situations like this where DNS
translation can't occur. Google cache links aren't the only use case that
may be impacted. That won't work for "legacy" v6 hosts that don't support
this, but moving forward at least there's a better developed set of tools
to mitigate these sorts of issues. "Foo is broken in v6" is much worse than
"You need Windows N+1 SP2 to use foo in v6".

-Anthony