How to choose IPv6 addresses for customer links?

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Fri Jan 30 13:23:47 CET 2009

On Jan 30, Martin Horneffer <maho at nic.dtag.de> wrote:

> My understanding would be that it might be best to select one /64 out
> of the customer's /48. And to route the complete /48 to one address of
> that /64.
This is what I do for colocation customers.
I especially like having a single prefix from which the customer can
originate traffic.

The only open issue is if I should use :FFFF::/64 or :0000::/64 for the
link, but so far I asked the customer for their preference. :-)

> subnets. They lose one /64 for the link network, though.
I do no think that this should be a concern...

--
ciao,
Marco