IPv6 brokenness experiment, November results

Dan Wing dwing at cisco.com
Tue Dec 1 18:04:24 CET 2009

I agree the new Opera behavior is not desirable.

We wrote Happy Eyeballs to encourage quicker response to IPv6
breakage (such as dead tunnels) or to IPv4 breakage (such as
exhausted TCP ports), so that users are effectively unaware
of the browser preferring IPv4 over IPv6 (during the morning)
or preferring IPv6 over IPv4 (during the afternoon),
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wing-http-new-tech-00

-d