PTR records for v6 hosts

S.P.Zeidler spz at serpens.de
Mon Aug 31 12:48:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

Thus wrote Bjørn Mork (bjorn at mork.no):

> Nice solution for dual stack hosts.  But how do you plan to support IPv6
> only hosts?
>
> And does anyone have a proposal that would fit an ISP environment? Lets
> say you use DHCP-PD to delegate a prefix to a customer, who is in full
> control of his own "residential gateway" so you can't look up his
> neigbour table.  What do you do?

Why would you do anything different from what you would do in the IPv4
case? Just because there are more addresses doesn't mean there are
necessarily more addresses in use that want reverse, after all.

I think if you have an answer to that you'll also have your answer
to what you want/need to do.

Generally, I'd say don't create reverse unless it is requested.

regards,
	spz
--
spz at serpens.de (S.P.Zeidler)