Juniper IPv6 enhancements in new code

Steve Powell spowell at gblx.net
Wed Apr 15 17:13:51 CEST 2009

Greetings.  It was suggested that I pass this along to the list.  I will
include the PR's for those with Juniper service agreements.

If your running IPv6 over a GRE tunnel built on a service PIC, if a
packet comes in that is too large for the physical media, a too big
message is not sent to the source.  PR 397334 is commited to being fixed
in various flavors of 9.X and the latest release of 8.5R.  Code should
be out by mid May.

Also for those interested in 9.5, there is an enhancement where the router
will use metric2 data for determining  best announcement.  Code should
have been released yesterday.  I just have not had a chance to look at
it.  No PR to look at as this  Enjoy.

stevep