Juniper EX and IPv6

Dave Diller dave at maxgigapop.net
Fri Nov 7 23:25:02 CET 2008

> Juniper EX-switches (when in L2 mode) don't forward IPv6 frames by
> default. DUH!

What version of code was this?  It seems to work for me as is with
trunked ports, on 9.2R1.10.

I've got an EX in the lab, with a GE trunked to each of two T-series.
I just put an IPv6 address on the router subinterfaces and was able to
ping across after the ~10 second neighbor discovery process.  I don't
remember intentionally configuring anything to "enable" passing v6
through the box since I wasn't aware of this until now.

EX interfaces are plain vanilla:

     ge-0/0/1 {
         mtu 9216;
         unit 0 {