Ipv6 Routing (from hell)

Ross West ipv6-ops at inet6.ca
Fri Mar 28 17:27:55 CET 2008

Hi Steve,

> If you can arrange a connection to the TorIX, you'll find people there
> who can (a) peer and (b) provide native v6 transit. In many cases the
> hop beyond that native v6 provider might be a tunnel, but at least
> it's a step in the right direction.

I'm one of those guys that can help out with v6 peering/transit out of
TorIX/151 Front.  We have multiple upstream providers now (both native
+ tunneled to their v6 infrastructure).

> If you can't get a direct connection to the TorIX, you might
> investigate whether you can acquire a tunnel to someone who is already
> doing v6 peering on the TorIX. A short on-net tunnel is better than
> nothing, perhaps (since your v4 transit provider peers at the TorIX,
> the v4 transport for the tunnel stands a reasonable chance of being
> consistent).

I've supplied a (limited) number of tunnels to others who are 'close
by' connectivity wise so I might be able to help out.  Just fire me an
email directly.

Cheers,
  Ross.

--