Ipv6 Routing (from hell)

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Fri Mar 28 14:45:03 CET 2008

Bjørn Mork wrote:
> Kim Hawtin <kim at hawtin.net.au> writes:
>> Jeroen Massar wrote:
>>
>>> We (SixXS) have thought about this,
>> This assumes you can actually get a login with SixXs.
>>
>> They have a rather interesting policy about information required to
>> setup logins,
>
> Eh, name, address, phone, email and a reason?  I fail to see the
> problem.  Maybe you could explain what's so interesting about this
> policy?

Some people apparently don't have phones anymore, which is cool, but not
something we can accept unfortunately.

>> then of course theres the issue about no duplicate logins for the same
>> person.
>
> Which is a problem in what way?

I am also always wondering about that, especially because the cases
where this could be needed, and how to resolve that, are described in
the FAQ, just like every other problem resolution.

>> It would be nice if they bothered to respond to their email to resolve
>> issues ;)
>
> I believe that was exactly what Jeroen just did. I suggest using that
> opportunity...

The problem is more that people don't want to read or understand the
detailed instructions that we have.

As long as folks simply fill in the requested details all is fine, when
they try to avoid things, fill in fake information etc then they fall in
a pit. For that matter "blah, Adelaide" is still not a valid address in
anyway, nor is solely a street or a phone number with all 0's. The
system accepts those things, as it can't verify everything, but that is
why, as mentioned, there is a human approving it, as the human knows a
lot more than what one can ever program into a system without making
mistakes. Funny one with someone noting "I couldn't fill in my street as
there is only an address box"; the example doesn't show the right
example either of course ;) We do have 3 persons signing up as "Ernst
Xample" already though <grin>

Greets,
  Jeroen