6to4 borkeness (Was: Google and IPv6)

Tim tim-projects at sentinelchicken.org
Wed Mar 19 17:57:19 CET 2008

> My company is running the 6to4 relay it looks like you're using. (based
> on the 2001:4978:1:410::ffff showing up in the traceroutes - that's us).
>
> I can reach 2001:b000::1021 just fine natively. I've rerouted our
> connection a few times, and I can reach them fine through native v6
> without any problem.
>
> I can't reach them from a 6to4 box - either from our 6to4 relay or
> another one I have access to. So, my best guess is that their route to
> 2002::/16 is broken. That's the problem with 6to4 though, you can't
> really tell where the problem is unless you have help from several
> sides.
>
> I moved the route for that /32 to a different upstream for us, but it
> didn't seem to help things here. If you'd like some more assistance in
> troubleshooting this, contact me off list and I'll see if I can get more
> people involved.

Ok, at least I know someone else is also seeing this.  I'm not itching
to get to hinet.net, just trying to understand the debugging process and
alert anyone on the list of more significant problems that may be out
there.

Thanks everyone for your help.  I'll stop filling your inboxes now,
unless I see major breakage again.

tim