Google and IPv6

Kevin Day kevin at your.org
Tue Mar 18 18:50:41 CET 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 9:05 AM, Steve Wilcox wrote:

> Pretty scary trend, somewhere between 25% - 33% of all IPv6 clients
> hitting you are broken on any given month, even now.
>
> Indeed.. and I wonder why broken-ness seems to fall flat around
> May07 whilst working continues its previous upward trend..
>
> Steve

If I had to guess, it would be due to Vista adoption.

Vista is bringing more users trying to use v6, and seems to have a
higher success rate than previous operating systems. At least when in
the hands of people who don't even know they're running v6.

While it's not an exact correlation, the increase in v6 users in
recent months seems to be nearly proportional to the increase in Vista
users hitting our sites. Vista was released in November of 2006, but
we didn't see significant numbers of Vista users hitting our sites
until near mid-2007.

-- Kevin