Google and IPv6

Kevin Day toasty at dragondata.com
Mon Mar 17 21:25:00 CET 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 5:58 AM, Steve Wilcox wrote:

> I guess the question is if that figure is increasing over time as
> clients more and more are purchased 'v6 enabled' ?
>
> Kevin - do you have any time based data on that?

Not a great deal, but I just tallied the results over the last 8 hours
on the same site, and pulled up older records for the months where I
have the stats:

The first number is what percentage of our viewers loaded a test image
via v6 on a hostname with both v4 and v6 address records.
The second number is what percentage of our viewers couldn't access a
hostname with an AAAA record.

March 2008: 0.084%  / 0.037%
November 2007: 0.069% / 0.041%
August 2007: 0.065% / 0.035%
July 2007: 0.050% / 0.037%
April 2007: 0.043% / 0.033%
February 2007: 0.031% / 0.020%
December 2006: 0.022% / 0.014%
July 2006: 0.019% / 0.019%
March 2006: 0.002% / 0.024%
December 2005: 0.014% / 0.019%

It's a bit more clear when presented in graph form:

http://www.your.org/v6clients.png

-- Kevin