Google and IPv6

Carlos Friacas cfriacas at fccn.pt
Mon Mar 17 12:26:13 CET 2008

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008, Mike Leber wrote:

> (as of Sun Mar 16 01:33:43 PDT 2008)
> Percentage of IPv6 rDNS Nameservers where IPv6 is as fast or faster than
> IPv4 (within 1ms): 53.4%
>
> It is also worth noting that in some cases IPv6 is faster than IPv4.

Yes, seen that before. :-)

You can even point out to your transit providers that you should be
getting lower RTTs in v4 (at least as good as v6 RTTs) by showing them
your IPv6's RTTs to the same destination, jointly with the different
paths v4/v6 packets are sent...

In my example, the difference was about 15%, but it was solved and it's
now zero.

Regards,

Carlos Friac,as                                            See:
Wide Area Network Working Group (WAN)                      www.gigapix.pt
FCCN - Fundacao para a Computacao Cientifica Nacional      www.ipv6.eu
Av. do Brasil, n.101                                       www.6diss.org
1700-066 Lisboa, Portugal, Europe                          www.geant2.net
Tel: +351 218440100 Fax: +351 218472167
www.fccn.pt
           The end is near........ see http://ipv4.potaroo.net
"Internet is just routes (241744/992), naming (billions) and... people!"

    Esta mensagem foi enviada de:
    This message was sent from:
 		 2001:690:2080:8004:250:daff:fe3b:2830

Aviso de Confidencialidade
Esta mensagem e' exclusivamente destinada ao seu destinatario, podendo
conter informacao CONFIDENCIAL, cuja divulgacao esta' expressamente
vedada nos termos da lei. Caso tenha recepcionado indevidamente esta
mensagem, solicitamos-lhe que nos comunique esse mesmo facto por esta
via ou para o telefone +351 218440100 devendo apagar o seu conteudo
de imediato.

Warning
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee.
It may contain CONFIDENTIAL information protected by law. If this
message has been received due to any error, please notify us via
e-mail or by telephone +351 218440100 and delete it immediately.