IETF temporary v6 block?

Kevin Loch kloch at kl.net
Mon Mar 10 14:16:15 CET 2008

Bernhard Schmidt wrote:

> usqas01 does not seem to use 30071 for their output path though,
> according to
> http://www.sixxs.net/tools/traceroute/?pop=usqas01-6&dpop=other&dest=2001:df8::16:21b:63ff:fe02:3c13
> they go NTT -> Comcast -> IETF. Trace goes quite a distance through
> Comcast network and then dies at 2001:558:0:f707::2, which is the exact
> same result I get from home.

While the Ashburn sixxs node is operated by occaid, connectivity and
rack space are provided by 33437 so it does not necessarily go out via
30071.  The inbound traffic could also take other paths as we announce
2001:4830:1600::/40 to our peers.

Please let me know if there are any routing issues to/from that node.

- Kevin