IETF temporary v6 block?

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Sun Mar 9 22:03:35 CET 2008

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

>> According to http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/lg/?&find=2001:0df8::/32
>> the connectivity looks mostly fine.
>
> [...]
>
>> Can you show some more traces which show your exact problem?
>
> I can't get to http://www.vpnc.org/ over IPv6 from within the
> 2001:df8::/32 block (see trace). Interestingly, I'm having the same
> problem from my server at 2001:1af8:2:5::2 but that one has other
> problems as well, with ARIN, for instance.

That prefix is indeed not visible by OCCAID and its single-homed
downstreams (ARIN is among them as far as I can tell, god knows why they
don't have at least Sprint or some other tunnel thrower)

http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/lg/?&find=2001:1af8::/32

but it is in good company

http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/dfp/all/?missing=30071

You trace could suggest a network problem in 30071, but it might be
another issue as well. The trace back from usewr01 dies as soon as it
hits GBLX

http://www.sixxs.net/tools/traceroute/?pop=usewr01-6&dpop=other&dest=2001:df8::16:21b:63ff:fe02:3c13

this _could_ be however just a cosmetical problem, as mtr (which is
behind this trace output) does not deal well with the errorneous MPLS
TTL imposition problem GBLXv6 currently has in some places.

I guess you should write to noc at occaid.org and explain your problem.

Bernhard