Connectivity issues and packet inspection

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Thu Jun 19 08:45:36 CEST 2008

Gert Doering wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 09:25:02PM -0400, Steve Bertrand wrote:
>> ...colleagues tell me that enabling IPv6 addresses within Vista causes
>> all sorts of sporadic and intermittent network connectivity problems
>> with their IPv4 communication...however, they are not really network
>> people, so it could be coincidence.
>
> That's mostly FUD.  Support folks don't understand IPv6, so everything
> is blamed there.  Even broken IPv4 servers...
>
> Which is a pity :(

I figured that, and thats why I don't trust non-network ops opinions
other than just that...opinions.

However, for some reason, I will personally hold a grudge against myself
if I do not complete a mailing list thread I started with an absolute
conclusion, I have spent the last while(X) perusing the web (and
testing) for solid documentation/solution for how to perform a simple:

# ifconfig em8 inet6 2607:f118::ffff:5 prefixlen 64
# route add -inet6 default 2607:f118::1

...and due to my lack of experience with the Windows "Command Line", am
having a *very* difficult time finding an authoritative solution.

Steve