Problems with whois.ripe.net

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Fri Feb 29 09:09:51 CET 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Gert Doering wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 12:42:18AM +0100, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
>> Related note: RIPE doesn't even have a route6-object for their prefix in
>> their own database.
>
> Now *that* is definitely broken.
>
> "If it's to be seen worldwide, better put a route6: object there!".

I'd rather RIPE didn't even try to advertise a more specific out of an
aggregated block.  We have a mess big enough in v4..

They should just dual-home to Surfnet (if they aren't already) which
provides enough resiliency against failures.  Or get PI.  Or get the
second set of PA addresses from C&W to more critical infrastructures.