IPv6 traffic on DE-CIX, LINX and others?

Steve Wilcox stevewilcox at google.com
Fri Aug 22 22:08:04 CEST 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 8:55 PM, Arnold Nipper <arnold at nipper.de> wrote:
> On 22.08.2008 21:01 Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote
>
>> Apparently on AMS-IX IPv6 is an average of 450Mbps out of a total
>> average 370Gbps traffic = 0.12%. I couldn't find this info for DE-CIX
>> and on LINX you need to be logged in to see sflow stats...
>>
>> Anyone know any more?
>
> Still an order of magnitude less @ DE-CIX. As you may know Google turned
> on IPv6 at DE-CIX a couple of days ago. Maybe that helps. As it did @
> AMS-IX? Traffic increased tenfold since then.

Struggling to see any jump on our port graphs (since DECIX is a dual
stack) .. so its definitely sub-gigabit :)

Btw, of that 450Mb on AMSIX we're not any significant part of it.. I
heard on the grapevine its either news or p2p traffic but not sure if
thats accurate.

Arnold, any ideas what the bulk of the v6 on DECIX is, presumably its
of a similar make up to AMSIX..?

Steve

--
Global Infrastructure