ipv6 load balancers

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Wed Apr 30 16:13:31 CEST 2008

Hi,
  	Have a look at *BSD pf for loadbalancing. Currently we are using
for more than a year now a neat feature of *BSD called address pool with
load-balancing outgoing traffic - working with IPv6 out of the box. The
dead service checkingis done by nagios + custom scripts. For more
information:

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/pools.html

In the near future we will migrate our load-balacing system to relayd
with FreeBSD:

http://cvs.openbsd.org/papers/eurobsdcon07/pyr-loadbalancing/
http://spootnik.org/relayd/

Best Regards,

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate, Head of Network Planning and Projects
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 70EF9882: DEC2 C685 1ED4 C95A 145F  4300 6F64 7B00 70EF 9882