ipv6 load balancers

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Wed Apr 30 16:03:56 CEST 2008

Ross West wrote:
> I'm curious to find out what people are using (if anything) these days
> to provide basic style load balancing options for IPv6 services.
>
> Basically so far what I'm seeing is that most stuff out there is
> beta if it exists at all, and wondering if I've missed anything.
>
> (I'm discounting plain reverse-NAT style translation, since it doesn't do any
> dead-host/service checking.)

I know that BIT (http://www.bit.nl, unfortunately no english edition of
that site) uses F5 BIG-IP already for a couple of years in production
IPv6 and from what I know they are quite happy with it too.

Quick google(F5 BIG-IP):

http://www.f5.com/products/big-ip/feature-modules/ipv6-gateway.html
IPv6 Support

Includes support for object definition, object probing, AAAA, A6, DNAME,
SNMP, F5 iControl API, and statistics. Allows BIG-IP to support IPv4 and
IPv6 addresses (self IPs, virtual servers, proxies, nodes, and SNATs).

Greets,
  Jeroen