Anyone from ARIN listening?

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Mon Oct 29 07:52:43 CET 2007

Hi,

ARIN's IPv6 connectivity appears to be pretty broken.  I recall this
has been the case for some time now. The largest IPv6 packet that gets
through seems to be 1480 bytes.  Bigger ones (or more likely, return
packets) are silently blackholed, I don't see any ICMPv6 Packet too
Big messages either.  They advertise full TCP MSS of 1440 to boot.

As a result, trying to open www.arin.net with a graphical web browser
(lynx is OK because it keeps the page size down) stalls for infinite
time.