APNIC IPv6 transit exchange

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Fri Nov 30 18:31:25 CET 2007

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 06:24:00PM +0100, Jeroen Massar wrote:
> The 6to4 code will see "hey a a packet destined to 2001:db8::/32" and
> then goes "where should that go, it is not 2002:aabb:ccdd::"
>
> In the case of 6to4 the nexthop is never used for actually forwarding
> the traffic unfortunately. Thus though in theory it would work, that is
> if the _nexthop_ would be used for the target IPv4 address of the
> packet, in practice the code looks at the destination address and thus
> it fails. Maybe time to update a lot of code to support this?

"The Code" is an interesting statement.  Which code, Linux, KAME/BSD,
Cisco or Juniper?

I could imagine that on Cisco, it might even work, for tunnels setup
as "tunnel mode 6to4".  But it's certainly not documented anywhere to do
that.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  110584

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279