IPv6 Transit in Manchester, UK ?

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Thu Nov 1 15:51:16 CET 2007

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 11:24:35PM +0000, Terry Froy wrote:
> My IPv6 connectivity needs would only stretch to a few KBytes/s in
> both directions as I only have two 2Mbit/s transit feeds and I only
> have around 20 or so hosts behind my border router - both my upstreams
> peer via the LINX and LoNAP so shouldn't impact on the running costs
> of anyone who provides me with a tunnel and also peers at those IXs.

Another option would be to receive native upstream _via_ those IXPs.

I don't know their rules on that, but I hardly imagine they care for
IPv6. This (giving native IPv6 upstream via IXP) is quite often done
in general. The upstream traffic flows anyway, wether GRE/IPv6-IP
encapsed or native doesn't really matter to the IXP.

This should give you plenty of options.

Best regards,
Daniel