IPv6 Transit in Manchester, UK ?

Terry Froy ipv6-ops at lists.spilsby.net
Thu Nov 1 00:24:35 CET 2007

Hello,

This is my first post to the list so please be gentle :-)

I have recently applied for and been granted a /32 PA allocation from
RIPE.

My hosting network is based in IFL2, Manchester, UK
(http://www.internetf.co.uk/) and I have spent the last week or so
trying to find at least one transit provider resident in that
datacentre who can provide me with IPv6 transit; out of all of them,
only one had the decency to reply to me stating that IPv6 was on their
roadmap but couldn't provide me with a timeframe as to when I could
expect it from them.

Therefore, I'm now left with no choice but to look for a tunneled
connection to someone within the UK who would be happy for me to
announce my /32 prefix via BGP.

I have multiple SixXS tunnels from other datacentres where I have
co-located servers but as this is the only datacentre where I have my
own AS, PA space, etc, etc, it makes sense to use my own IPv6
allocation rather than the /48 supplied by a SixXS POP - also, I would
fall foul of the 'no shell' clause in the SixXS AUP if I were to do that.

Is there anyone on the list (preferably in the UK - at a stretch,
Europe) who could provide me with a suitable tunnel ?

My IPv6 connectivity needs would only stretch to a few KBytes/s in
both directions as I only have two 2Mbit/s transit feeds and I only
have around 20 or so hosts behind my border router - both my upstreams
peer via the LINX and LoNAP so shouldn't impact on the running costs
of anyone who provides me with a tunnel and also peers at those IXs.

I would be happy to pay for tunneled transit if the price is
reasonable - please contact me off-list if you wish to provide a quote.

Of course, if anyone can point me in the direction of someone selling
native IPv6 transit which is available to customers within IFL2,
Manchester, UK, I would be more than happy to purchase some from them.

It is incredibly frustrating to actually want to roll out IPv6 on a
production network only to find that none of your upstreams have the
capability to route it.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Terry Froy