BCP for multisite multihoming

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Tue May 22 17:57:12 CEST 2007

On Tue, 22 May 2007, Thomas Narten wrote:
>> 2) Obtain a single /32, and announce /34s (or /36, or /40 or
>> whatever, if they want to leave room for expansion) from each POP.

FWIW, at least in RIPE land, the policy still says

"... by advertising that connectivity through its single aggregated
address allocation."

.. which IMHO requires that you must advertise the aggregate.  It may
also be read so that you shouldn't advertise anything else than the
aggregate but other interpretations are also possible.

Personally I don't have a huge problem with people who advertise more
routes like above, but I do have a problem if they do not provide a
single aggregated allocation that will provide "default" connectivity
to operators who do filter more specifics.