IPv6 PI allocation

Brandon Butterworth brandon at bogons.net
Thu May 17 23:57:31 CEST 2007

> > I may be way off here, but if you only do P.A assignments, will the models
> > the RIR's work on not have to change... drastically... in order for them to
> > still function?

Who cares, they're not for profit to perform a function. If the
job is complete they'll either find something else to do or
contract to match needs

Perhaps in v6 we don't need the function mirrored around the planet.

If they get the allocation rate down enough to obsolete themselves
I'd thank them for a job well done as would the routing table.

I still think a PI compromise "ok you can have PI but only one"
and stop multiple prefixes per origin is best to get v6 mving. So
good you only need one. If deagg didn't work people wouldn't do it.

brandon