IPv6 PI allocation

Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino 2.0 itojun at itojun.org
Thu May 17 13:51:32 CEST 2007

> Wrong, you people just have to please stop to spread FUD.
>
> THERE IS NO ROUTING TABLE PROBLEM, FULL STOP.

	hmm.  an important figure in the IETF (who have served as an IESG in
	the past) told me that router vendors are telling people rather dreamy
	thing - they are OK to handle 1M routing table entries with hardware
	forwarding.  to hold 1M routing table entries you would need 32M bytes
	of memory at least.  i have never seen such big fast-path fowarding
	silicon.

	so i need some fact-checking here - am i telling FUD, or the router
	vendors are telling people their pipe dream?

itojun