IPv6 PI allocation

Sascha Lenz slz at baycix.de
Thu May 17 13:22:57 CEST 2007

Hi,

Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino 2.0 schrieb:
[...]
> 	we have to stop PI allocation, or we need to have totally different
> 	algorithm for routing (mathematician please help me).
[...]

Wrong, you people just have to please stop to spread FUD.

THERE IS NO ROUTING TABLE PROBLEM, FULL STOP.

If you refer to RIPE Presentations, you might want to read

http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-54/presentations/Router_Scaling_Trends.pdf
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-54/presentations/Moderate_BGP.pdf

too, or watch the Presentation Webcasts for the routing-wg when they are
available in the RIPE54 Webcast Archive.

Nick calmly explained the rest in detail already so i don't want to
repeat his reasoning here since i agree with him.

PA-Multihoming IS _NOT_ a solution, it is NOT "provider independant".
It just is ONE possibility to prevent people from wanting PI if they are
happy with that degraded Multihoming solution. Some certainly are, but
that's no reason to stop PI Assignments.