Five Security Flaws in IPv6

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Sun May 13 21:17:35 CEST 2007

On 13 May 2007, at 9:07pm, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

[...]

> And now that I'm on a roll: 14.0.0.0/8 is marked as in use by IANA
> but not in any of the RIR records.

I'll stand up and be counted here as I am actively updating this
registry.

If it's not in an RIR database it's because the registry is
maintained by the IANA. You can find the registry at:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/public-data-network-numbers

and if you have details about any of the assignments in the registry
then please get in touch with me. I want to update the contact
information for any active assignments and remove the registrations
for any unused assignments. At some point I hope to be able to update
RFC 3330 and mark this /8 as available for allocation to an RIR.

I made a short presentation on it it at RIPE 54 on Tuesday:

http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-54/presentations/
Network_No_Reg_Internet_Arch.pdf

and the offer of beer still stands.

Cheers,