IPv6 Type 0 Routing Header issues

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Sun May 13 18:17:51 CEST 2007

>> and the BSDs need to do a bit of homework (should never forward
>> packets if
>> ip6.forwarding is 0, and it's surprising that pf(4) can't filter
>> on RH0s).

> that is not a problem of the BSDs. That's a problem of the RFC, which
> is speaking of 'node' and not 'router' in first place.

A bit late to the party, but...

How can the behavior where a HOST forwards a packet not be an
implementation problem?

I don't know what annoys me more, implementers who don't follow the
RFCs, substituting their own judgement for the IETF's, or
implementers that (claim to) follow the RFCs and end up doing
something that's clearly wrong without using their own judgement.