Last Chance Rush -- was "Five Security Flaws in IPv6"

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Sat May 12 09:50:18 CEST 2007

On Fri, 11 May 2007, David Conrad wrote:

> As should be readily apparent, the vast majority of customers, by and large,
> don't care.  If they did, ISPs would be beating down the RIR doors for IPv6
> addresses and we wouldn't be having this discussion.  What customers care
> about is the ability to reach the content they care about.  As long as that
> content overwhelming resides on IPv4, IPv6 is going to be a technogeek toy.

You are right in one sense. Some customers don't care as long as they can
reach the content they care about. Does not really matter whether the
content is available via IPv4 or via IPv6. In the other hand there are
some customers who one to share their content from their home network.
With NATs this will be rather problematical... Currently we are wasting
engineering resources to solve different NAT traversal problems....

Regards,

Janos Mohacsi
Network Engineer, Research Associate, Head of Network Planning and Projects
NIIF/HUNGARNET, HUNGARY
Key 70EF9882: DEC2 C685 1ED4 C95A 145F  4300 6F64 7B00 70EF 9882