Five Security Flaws in IPv6

Fred Baker fred at cisco.com
Wed May 9 23:52:13 CEST 2007

On May 9, 2007, at 1:35 PM, virendra rode // wrote:

> http://www.darkreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=123506&WT.svl=news1_1

I wonder about people who make their money by spreading fear,
uncertainty, and doubt, and about the press that picks up their stories.

Yes, there is an issue with the routing type zero header. This
article leaves you with the idea that IPv4 didn't have such a thing
or if it did then the solution used for IPv4's counterpart wouldn't
be usable here. I note that the problems brought up in the article
have not been a big issue in the IPv4 network.