routing issue between RIPE Meeting and Tiscali/Occaid

Alexander Koch koch at tiscali.net
Wed May 9 12:39:35 CEST 2007

Jordi,

On Wed, 9 May 2007 13:24:30 +0300, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> Yes, thanks !
>
> I've curiosity to know what was the issue finally ?

I do not know. We did not see the route with a decent AS
path, and with the now direct peer with AS 3249 (with the
RIPE prefix) and OCCAID getting a full table from us maybe
that helped it?

I personally would not rule out ARIN themselves. They are
available at Equinix Ashburn, get v6 only from OCCAID. They
proposed to me to peer but only wanted to accept our very
native prefixes (^3257$), and nothing else. So I would not
be surprised if ARIN had a max-as-path thing in their
configuration, thus inflicting this on their own potentially.

Since that has been raised twice on this list in the recent
past I just suspect there is something broken there with the
ARIN setup. The peering idea might not be fully absorbed, too.

Alexander