Say "Thank you" to Bill...

Max Tulyev maxtul at netassist.kiev.ua
Tue Mar 27 03:16:41 CEST 2007

Hi!

I host a number of sites for my friends and clients, and my hosting
servers have IPv6 addresses, as well as I put correct AAAA records in
these domains I host.

During last time I see a lot of complaints ("Nothing works! Help!!!" as
usual). I figured out:

1) If a site have both A and AAAA records, the AAAA record used first.
(Not a news, really! :) )
2) When IPv6 stack installed in a Windows and not configured (and in
some cases it is so by default when installing Windows) - it tries to
use tunnel broker as Teredo.
3) And often all "strange" traffic is firewalled by system administrators.

So a significant amount of people can't access sites I host. And that's
why I can't say that a large production site can be IPv6 enabled by
default. Sorry :(

Any ideas how to correctly fix it?

--
WBR,
Max Tulyev (MT6561-RIPE, 2:463/253 at FIDO)