[ipv6-wg] IPv6 Deployment Panel at ICANN, Lisbon

Carlos Friacas cfriacas at fccn.pt
Mon Mar 26 13:17:30 CEST 2007

Hi,

Going back to the subject on this message:
I think the session was generally positive. Next time perhaps the term
"Tutorial" should be dropped... this and the fact it was held from 13:00
to 15:00 on a sunday might have driven people away from it......

I specially did get a bad feeling about the question being raised by the
jordan government person: didn't feel he got a proper and clear
answer... imho he should have heard IPv6 should be something to have in
mind because v4 address exaustion can in fact endanger internet companies'
business in jordan (in the same way it will in every other country!) in
the medium/long run.

In fact, it's the second time i get the same feeling... once in an ITU
IPv6 session someone did a simmilar question and nobody supplied a proper
answer too... :-(

I'm blaming myself for not having stepped up to the mike on that moment
(despite a small crisis on the event's network i was trying to debug...),
but i really hope next time someone speaks out loud why *everybody*
should take v6 seriously. :-)

Best Regards,

Carlos Friac,as                                            See:
Wide Area Network Working Group (WAN)                      www.gigapix.pt
FCCN - Fundacao para a Computacao Cientifica Nacional      www.ipv6.eu
Av. do Brasil, n.101                                       www.6diss.org
1700-066 Lisboa                                            www.geant2.net
Tel: +351 218440100 Fax: +351 218472167
www.fccn.pt
  The end is near........ see http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/index.html
  "Internet is just routes (214049/730), naming (billions) and... people!"

Aviso de Confidencialidade
Esta mensagem e' exclusivamente destinada ao seu destinatario, podendo
conter informacao CONFIDENCIAL, cuja divulgacao esta' expressamente
vedada nos termos da lei. Caso tenha recepcionado indevidamente esta
mensagem, solicitamos-lhe que nos comunique esse mesmo facto por esta
via ou para o telefone +351 218440100 devendo apagar o seu conteudo
de imediato.

Warning
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee.
It may contain CONFIDENTIAL information protected by law. If this
message has been received by error, please notify us via e-mail or by
telephone +351 218440100 and delete it immediately.