[ipv6-wg] IPv6 Deployment Panel at ICANN, Lisbon

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Sat Mar 24 16:21:20 CET 2007

On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 03:08:10PM +0000, Carlos Friacas wrote:

> >>Go figure... some choose not to filter out 3ffe::'s while others are
> >>filtering IPv6 Unicast production address space. ;-)
> >
> >I think there are some people that haven't woken up to the fact address
> >space is being allocated out of more than just 2001:: now, for example I
> >currently have some space from 2402:: (2402:8000::/32 specifically) and
> >it seems a few people are possibly filtering this, among other things I
> >can't get to isc.org.
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Trent
>
> Good that you are complaining.
> It's the 1st step to see it solved! :-)

Hehe, yes I've actually only just wised up to this being the reason for
my poor visibility to some people.

The SixXS GRH project has some highly usefull information, especially if
you are actually peering with them.

http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/

Jeroen pointed out the following URL which might be a more usefull guide
to those configuring their filters
http://www.space.net/~gert/RIPE/ipv6-filters.html

Cheers,
Trent