IPv6 traffic data in Asian networks?

Niels Bakker niels=cluenet at bakker.net
Fri Mar 23 13:54:51 CET 2007

* jordi.palet at consulintel.es (JORDI PALET MARTINEZ) [Fri 23 Mar 2007, 12:47 CET]:
>There are many factors here, right now from the IETF meeting, my RTT to
>www.ietf.org is:
>
>IPv4 ->
>4 packets transmitted, 4 packets received, 0% packet loss
>round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 114.180/115.935/116.696/1.023 ms

I guess too many people pinged IETF, trying with the URL you posted:

>(using our LG at http://www.ipv6tf.org/using/connectivity/looking_glass.php)

as well as connectivity from a few places in the Netherlands, I only get:

PING www.ietf.org (209.173.53.180) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- www.ietf.org ping statistics ---
5 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 4015ms

Luckily IPv6 works, 97 ms average, or 140, depending on source address
used and (presumably) on reverse route taken.

	-- Niels.