IPv6 traffic data in Asian networks?

Carlos Friacas cfriacas at fccn.pt
Thu Mar 22 09:18:27 CET 2007

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Pekka Savola wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Carlos Friacas wrote:
>> Hmmm... dropping the transition mechanisms bit, i would prefer to see,
>> say AS15169 enabling v6 on their network/services ;-)))
>
> A serious question -- what benefit would GOOG have for enabling IPv6 on their
> services?  I see none (except maybe for service like Google Talk that might
> be able to leverage IPv6 in the future) but a lot of potential problems (AAAA
> query mishandling, IPv6 connectivity problems, etc.etc.)
>
> --

Hi Pekka, long time no see. :-)

I was just trying to shake things up a bit........ ;-))

1. benefit for GOOG: a medium-long term vision --- internet's evolution.
...and this should be positive also from lots of other companies'
perspective.

2. doing it just over google talk would be a great start, yes.

3. perhaps such problems could push a lot of people into being more
serious/proactive about IPv6.

Cheers,

Carlos Friac,as                                            See:
Wide Area Network Working Group (WAN)                      www.gigapix.pt
FCCN - Fundacao para a Computacao Cientifica Nacional      www.ipv6.eu
Av. do Brasil, n.101                                       www.6diss.org
1700-066 Lisboa                                            www.geant2.net
Tel: +351 218440100 Fax: +351 218472167
www.fccn.pt
  The end is near........ see http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4/index.html
  "Internet is just routes (214049/730), naming (billions) and... people!"

Aviso de Confidencialidade
Esta mensagem e' exclusivamente destinada ao seu destinatario, podendo
conter informacao CONFIDENCIAL, cuja divulgacao esta' expressamente
vedada nos termos da lei. Caso tenha recepcionado indevidamente esta
mensagem, solicitamos-lhe que nos comunique esse mesmo facto por esta
via ou para o telefone +351 218440100 devendo apagar o seu conteudo
de imediato.

Warning
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee.
It may contain CONFIDENTIAL information protected by law. If this
message has been received by error, please notify us via e-mail or by
telephone +351 218440100 and delete it immediately.