ARIN PI space filters (2620:0000:/23)

Jørgen Hovland jorgen at hovland.cx
Wed Mar 21 09:36:24 CET 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: ipv6-ops-bounces+jorgen=hovland.cx at lists.cluenet.de [mailto:ipv6-ops-bounces+jorgen=hovland.cx at lists.cluenet.de] On Behalf Of Daniel Roesen

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 10:28:09PM +0100, Jørgen Hovland wrote:
>> I see the filtering madness has fully reached the IPv6 internet too.
>> I think I'll just filter on /32 because my router can't handle all those
>> /48s anyway..

> Oh, and your routers can handle all possible /32s?

Without discussing it further; Yes, some of them can handle all those /32s with current hardware, but I would need to write the implementation.

> But feel free to partially disconnect from the Internet. :-)

We are not directly filtering on prefix lengths at all, but I see all those other people doing it are disconnecting themselves. So I just wonder why they are doing it..