ARIN PI space filters (2620:0000:/23)

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Tue Mar 20 16:53:03 CET 2007

Le 07-03-19 à 20:40, Patrick Tudor a écrit :

> Jeroen Massar wrote:
>> Apparently there are quite a few ASN's who still filter the /48 PI's
>> from ARIN.
>>
>> Please verify your filters are up to date or bug your transits
>> when your
>> ASN appears in the missing list, as can be checked live at:
>> http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/lg/?find=2620:0:230::/48
>
> Another ARIN PI /48 to double check against is 2620:0:c0::/48
> I've been announcing that prefix via Level3/AS3356 for a few months
> and you'll see it suffers from the same reachability problems
> Marc Blanchet is seeing with his 2620:0:230::/48 block.

actually we (2620:0:230::/48) do not have exactly the same setup as
2620:0:c0::/48 at the current moment, so not exactly the same
reachability problems.

but I will be even more proactive in the near future in finding the
wrong configured filters so that the PI is ok as much as possible.

Since we started advertising, I was able to hunt down two major
providers to change their filters, and they were very responsive
(less than 24 hours). So process is going well up to now.

Marc.

-----
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley, 2006, http://www.ipv6book.ca