Contact at AS701?

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Mon Jul 9 23:16:45 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 04:55:51PM -0400, John Payne wrote:

>> anyone here from AS701? It appears that since about Friday you are leaking
>> a number of prefixes you receive from AS12702 (MCI Europe) to peers like
>> Sprint, GBLX, NTT/Verio and Level3.
> I'd have thought that was to be expected - 701 is Verizon Business US (MCI,
> UUNET, ....) or the US partner network to (12)702

Sorry for not being 100% clear, the paths leaked have been received by
12702 on peering sessions, for example from

1273 (Cable & Wireless)
6453 (Teleglobe)
6830 (UPC)

to name the largest ones. There is no way those should be advertised by
701 to Sprint, GBLX et al.

Advertising MCI customer routes would indeed be expected, but as far as
I can tell right now _no_ prefix that shares this path is a MCI Europe
customer prefix. Either because those are not announced (which would be
a funny coincidence) or because most networks peer with 12702 directly.

Regards,
Bernhard