Routing to ARIN from Teleglobe (2001:5a0::/32)

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Sun Feb 11 18:15:25 CET 2007

Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 11:44:51AM -0500, Randy Epstein wrote:
[..]

>>> Along with a lot more than one hundred other allocations. Thanks to
>>> Jeroen there is a nifty tool to analyze the situation
>>> http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/dfp/all/?missing=30071
>> According to Jeroen's tool, the number is 63.  Out of those 63, 30 of those
>> prefixes are not seen by most (some are exchange (IX) prefixes, some are
>> just not routed to the Internet as a whole, etc).  This leaves 33, with most
>> likely half being resolved if Teleglobe would peer with OCCAID.
>
> I bet both of my hands that the number used to be around 150 yesterday.
> Wait, not only yesterday, this has been an issue since (grepping IRC
> logs) at least mid-August 2006. OCCAID have been missing quite some
> routes since then, now they are apparently starting to fix it.
>
> Jeroen, is there a way to get the "Missing prefixes" thing for a past
> date?

No, as GRH doesn't know any more today, what prefixes where present
yesterday etc. This could be solved by having per-prefix a 'seen'/'not
seen' mark, whenever it toggles though.

You can look at the lookingglass (/tools/grh/lg/) to check how many
prefixes where announced at a certain date. This does not make the
missing ones visible though.

You might want to check RIS, as RIPE does have a large system for
historical data.

Greets,
 Jeroen