ASpath-tree?

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Tue Feb 6 14:26:25 CET 2007

Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Feb 06, Tim Chown <tjc at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Is anyone currently maintaining ASpath-tree?
> Probably not, there is nobody left at TILAB who cares about IPv6.
> I started working on it some time ago and I was able to make it quite
> faster[1], but since the license is very hostile I concluded that it was
> not worth my time and I moved on.
> It will need a lot of work anyway to scale to more prefixes.
>

> [1] http://www.linux.it/~md/software/aspath-tree.diff

What exact features would people want from this?

I tend to like BGPPlay (http://www.ris.ripe.net/bgplay/) a lot for
looking at BGP dynamics. Maybe that gives you the needed information.

If you want a tool similar like ASPath, then maybe I could generate
something based on the information in in GRH. I guess though that
BGPPlay already covers most use cases and extending that will probably
be more worthwhile to cover other cases.

Greets,
 Jeroen