APNIC IPv6 transit exchange

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Sun Dec 2 23:06:53 CET 2007

On 30 nov 2007, at 9:24, Jeroen Massar wrote:

>> Why wouldn't you be able to do that?

> Try it ;) it doesn't work unfortunately as:

> The 6to4 code will see "hey a a packet destined to 2001:db8::/32" and
> then goes "where should that go, it is not 2002:aabb:ccdd::"

Oh right, Linux, the same people that brought you the 2000::/3 default
route...

> In the case of 6to4 the nexthop is never used for actually forwarding
> the traffic unfortunately.

Strange...

I started configging something on my Cisco at home from Vancouver
until I remembered that the tiny little DSL Cisco doesn't do BGP.  :-)

If I remember I'll create a setup that does this between a Cisco and a
FreeBSD/Zebra box next week.